MPS was founded in 1986 by a group working to prevent the demolition of the 1858 Joseph Huntoon House. The Italianate home, which included hand-painted ceilings by Swedish artist Frank Lundahl, was ultimately demolished. Although the house and its history were lost, a strong Moline Preservation Society emerged as a result.
MPS was successful in saving many architectural treasures from the Moline Depot prior to demolition. Salvaged items include the clock and roof tiles which we hope can be used in future projects including the "Q,” Moline’s new train depot and hotel that is currently under construction.
Rendering for potential clock placement in the "Q"